Wednesday 11 July 2012

Sally Shirt Dress

I have finally finished my Sally Shirt Dress from Serendipity patterns! 
Kay looks great wearing the dress on the front of the pattern, and even though I am not as slim or petite as her, I think it looks good on a bigger lady too. This is the first time I have ever dared to wear horizontals, but hopefully the chevron will be WOW enough and nobody will notice the wide expanse of fabric. 
I didn't add the fabric trim on the hem or sleeves because I couldn't get green fabric to match.
I have written a review onto the Pattern Review website if you're interested.

I really like it, and am happy with the pattern and with the fabric. I think I will use this pattern again.
What fabric would you suggest for me for next time?

P.S. It is supposed to be summer, so the summer flowers and grasses are all trying their best, but it is still raining!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Nessa - I love it! I really want to make this. g

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! You should definitly give this pattern a try - you get to adjust the waist to suit your own shape!

      Delete
  2. I love this on you! The chevrons are a nice choice, oh, boy, looks like I'm buying another pattern.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thanks! DEFINITELY get the pattern, it's easy and looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nessa! This is a fantastic frock! I love it! I'd love to see you in polka dots :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for wanting to leave a message, but I have now had to stop messages due to rude spam.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...