And now the little hexie flowers do have homes: I made them into A6 notebook covers to give to friends!
The inside flaps are made from a liberty lawn fat quarter that I received in a goodie bag at the Edinburgh Stitch Gathering.
I used the notebook to decide on the size of fabric to cut, and made the flaps 3" wide, which is about half the width of the notebook. For future reference, here are the measurements I used:
For each A6 notebook cover cut the following:
6 3/4" x 10 1/4" rectangle --> 2 pieces of background fabric, 1 piece of fusible interfacing
3" x 6 3/4" rectangle --> 2 pieces of background fabric, 2 pieces of fusible interfacing, 2 pieces of liberty print
I fused the interfacing to the fabric before stitching on the hexie flowers and doing the embroidery and fused the interfacing to the liberty fabric for the flaps. Whilst sewing the long edges together I stitched a slightly smaller seam than the usual 1/4" just to make sure there was enough room to squeeze the cover into the side flaps.
I am linking up with Leanne's Finish-A-Long. This completes my list of Quilty goals that I aimed to finish before the end of 2013.
|Links to everyone's Finished items|