Thursday 2 May 2013

Butterick 5692

I LOVE my new blouse!
It was so quick and easy to sew together!  Probably will look better with jeans, but I was wearing a skirt today, and I like it like this too.

Butterick 5692
Pattern Description:
This pattern has trousers and a cardigan as well as the blouse/top that can be made with two choices of sleeve and three length choices, including blouse, tunic and dress.  The instructions in this pattern were very clear and easy to follow.  I think beginners would really like this pattern.  It doesn't tell you when to finish your seams, but I just finished them before sewing the sleeves onto the bodice, and didn't run into any trouble.
Photobombed by Mr Bingley

What I particularly liked about the pattern
I have only made the tunic so far, and I really like how it has turned out.  I can't believe how quickly it sewed up!  The yoke sits so nicely on the top of the shoulder, creating a slight puff on the sleeve which looks really nice.

Fabric Used:
Nylon chiffon that already has crinkles pressed vertically into the fabric.
Pattern alterations and design changes I made:
I chose to do View D which is actually the dress because I love the sleeves, but I cut it short to the tunic length instead - view C.  I also used a plain white cotton as the yoke facing instead of the nylon chiffon to give it a bit more structure.

My current figure is pear shaped, so I made the bust. sleeves and yoke in size 18 then graded the cutting line out to the size 20 at the waist and then out to the 24 at the hips.  This was very straightforward to do and you can't tell at all.  Mind you, seeing these photos, I think I will take this Me Made May challenge as an opportunity to think more about my eating.
Conclusion:
This tunic sewed up VERY quickly and hopefully it will become a staple wardrobe item for work. I will be sewing this blouse again.  I'd like to do it as a dress and maybe make the sleeves a bit shorter for summer.  I love the little bows on the sleeves and am surprised as I don't wear bows on anything.



8 comments:

  1. Nessa, spring arrived.. what a lovely blouse x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blouse, perfect for the nicer weather be have been having!

    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! The fabric is great and I like the wee bows too! Let's hope the sun shines for you now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous fabric! The blouse looks supper comfortable too!
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, the sleeve bows and yoke are lovely features. Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice make Nessa! I really like it. Very springy. (I often think I need to think more about my eating after seeing photos. UGH). g

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely blouse! The print is gorgeous, and I really like your detailing. Perfect for spring. (And I'm a bit jealous of your daffodils!) Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blouse! I really like the little bows on the sleeves.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for wanting to leave a message, but I have now had to stop messages due to rude spam.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...