Tuesday 4 March 2014

The Great British Sewing Bee is coming to America

The Great British Sewing Bee has so far been very enjoyable.  When an episode is finished I feel all giddy and happy!
We've just seen the third episode tonight - I am not going to reveal anything other than the theme: STRETCH -  three projects using stretch fabric - leggings, a wrap dress and an upcycled tee shirt.
Episodes one and two seem to be available on You Tube (hopefully these links will work for you wherever you may be).  They are also available on Britain's BBC iPlayer, but the official website also has some clips to whet your appetite over here.
...Now for the big news for my American readers... They are going to make a series in New York!  I'd love to see a fellow blogger participate in this fun show, so please have a look at the websites and links, and do think about applying if you can!  I've tried to post the advertisement, but I am not as tech-savvy as I'd like to be, so here is a link to Carolyn's blog as she's popped all the information there.

Round of applause for excellent leggings!  source
Over here the contestants seem to get a Brief about the theme of the upcoming week and can prepare and practice the main garment for the second day of filming.  This week they prepared a knit wrap dress.  The sewing is filmed over a two-day period but first they have the whole week at home - probably practicing!  The first day of the sewing filming is always a pattern-to-follow challenge and an upcycle/alteration challenge.  Some family members may need to commit to being filmed too, but that is one of the nice parts about the show, seeing how sewing is a part of people's real lives.

A little more behind the scenes information:

The blog called The Thrifty Stitcher is written by the behind-the-scenes lady who comes up with the pattern challenges and helps with all sorts of sewing things on set.  Her blog posts are always written after the episodes air on TV so do beware, she may reveal details if you haven't already seen the episode.

Hope to see some of you on your own NY Sewing TV show!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm looking forward to watching it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS Nessa-- I've nominated you for a Liebster Award on my blog!!! :)
      http://tanyamaile.com/2014/03/07/miss-bossy-pattern-winner-the-liebster-award/

      Delete
  2. I want to move to NY for this one, it would seem somewhat trendier than just across the river from my aunt and uncle's house lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep missing th, I'll have yo put it in my diary!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for wanting to leave a message, but I have now had to stop messages due to rude spam.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...